Agtec Portable Refractometer with Copper ATC (0-32 Brix)
- Copper construction provides fast, efficient automatic temperature compensation compared to aluminum and plastic imitations
- Adjustable eyepiece allows anyone to clearly view results
- Analog design is robust, accurate, and requires no batteries
- Comes in a durable, foam-padded carrying case
- Measuring range: 0-32% Brix
- Accuracy: +/-0.20% Brix
- Compensation temperature range: 10°C-30°C (50°F-86°F)
- Calibration: zero calibration with water at 20°C (68°F)
- 1 year warranty
This heavy duty analog refractometer provides accurate and repeatable measurements on an easy to read scale. This instrument is great for the testing the amount of sugars and dissolved solids in fruits, vegetables and grasses. It can also be used in wine and beer making to measure and monitor sugar levels as a beverage ferments. This refractometer features built-in automatic temperature compensation from 0 to 30 degrees C (50°F-86°F) so your brix readings aren't skewed by common temperature variations.
This instrument provides accurate readings with as little as 2 drops of solution which makes monitoring the sugar levels of your crops, plants and trees fast and simple. It is a valuable tool to help determine if it's the right time to harvest or if there is a need to alter your soil. Take this item to your local farmer's market and buy the sweetest, highest quality produce available.
To operate your refractometer simply adjust the focus of your eyepiece so that the scale appears clearly. Then open the prism and add at least 2 drops of your sample directly on the glass. Point the refractometer at any light source and your brix reading will be displayed.
Our refractometers come factory calibrated and will usually require no adjustment for the life of the instrument.
Unit Ship Weight: 1 lb